I only just returned from three weeks in Japan and am very busy again right away, hence this late post. So what I read in October:
- Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin ★★★★☆
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller ★★★★★
- Huntress by Malinda Lo ★★★☆☆
- Brokeback Mountain by E. Annie Proulx ★★☆☆☆
- Fingersmith by Sarah Waters ★★★★★
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky ★★★☆☆
Most of what I read was for The Literary Others event. I intended to create a round-up post for the event, but the only other LGBT book I read that I didn’t mention in my previous post was Fingersmith. Now that the event already ended three weeks ago, I’m giving up on the round-up post… I don’t have much more to say about Fingersmith beyond ‘I really liked it’. I can definitely recommend it to everyone, the plot was great!
My favourite book read in October was easily The Song of Achilles and in fact I loved it so much it has become one of my all time favourites. The Perks of Being a Wallflower was enjoyable (but not the greatest) and I’m looking forward to the movie (the main reason I finally read the book).