It seems I magically brought my blog back to life, more or less! I must say I’m quite proud, and *gasp* I’ve even got a bunch of posts scheduled! Now I have to get more social and then everything will be alright… right?
I am also going really fast with the reading challenge this year… 46 of 52 books read so far! July was a verrrrry good reading month 🙂
Read in July
- The Dark Wife by Sarah Diemer
- A Haunted House by Virginia Woolf
- Stone Mattress: A Story by Margaret Atwood
- Mr Norris Changes Trains by Christopher Isherwood
- Goodbye to Berlin by Christopher Isherwood
- This One Summer by Jillian & Mariko Tamaki
- Moxyland by Lauren Beukes
- Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
- Yellow Rose by Nobuko Yoshiya
- Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl by Carrie Brownstein
- Skim by Jillian & Mariko Tamaki
Confession: three of these are short stories and two are graphic novels, so clearly they were quick reads. Still, 11 titles is not bad. Also, many four and five star reads. I can’t even pick my favourite book this month. I wonder if I’m getting soft? (Although The Dark Wife received a harsh one star…)
Reading in August
No idea! No idea whatsoever! But on the last day of July I started both A Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith/J.K. Rowling and, OF COURSE, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! I was going to wait with that book, seeing how there is a tiny bit of hope that I might actually still see the play… But then I realised that even if that’s the case, how on earth could I wait nearly a year? Plus, the book was staring at me. I swear.
I suspect I’ll finish it tonight, so expect a (non-spoilery!) review!