Another good reading month, albeit with a bunch of short reads.
Read in April
- Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling
- Read Real Japanese Essays edited by Janet Ashby
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
- 山椒大夫 (Sansho the Bailiff) by Ogai Mori
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O’Brien
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
- The Three-Body Problem (Three Body, #1) by Cixin Liu
- Gebr. (Brothers) by Ted van Lieshout
No real disappointments but a few amazing books (Mrs. Frisby, The Three-Body Problem, and Brothers in particular). I also managed to read a bunch of short stories in Japanese (Read Real Japanese and Sansho the Bailiff), so I’m pretty pleased with that. Here’s to hoping I’ll keep up the effort 😉
Oops. No comment.
Reading in May
I want to finish Making Sense of Japanese, and hopefully I can make good progress with 吾輩は猫である (I am a cat by Natsume Soseki). Besides that, I have absolutely no plans. I should probably make a dent in my TBR Pile Challenge list…