This week’s official TTT prompt is Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read. Now, there are hundreds of (popular) books that I will probably (definitely) never read, so I decided to change the theme a bit. Here are ten books that are on my shelf but that I don’t think I’ll ever read… (let’s be honest, doesn’t everyone have books like that?)
Ten Books On My Shelf That I Will Probably Never Read
- Anno Dracula (Anno Dracula, #1) by Kim Newman
This book has been on my shelf for a long time, and at some point in time was even on my TBR shortlist. But I don’t think it’s ever going to happen.
- The Diary of a Nobody by George Grossmith
I got this book as a present from a friend over three years ago and we were both excited about it and still neither of us has read it yet.
- The Wise Man’s Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2) by Patrick Rothfuss
I really enjoyed The Name of the Wind but this book is just there on my shelf, being… intimidating.
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
I tried. I swear I tried. *panics*
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
I saw the movie and enjoyed it, then bought the book on a whim. I admit it: I think the movie was satisfying enough, I don’t feel like reading the book.
- Little Women by Louise May Alcott
I want to read this one, I really do, one day… but right now it doesn’t appeal to me compared to other classics.
- The Ring by Koji Suzuki
The movie was a masterpiece and I watched it a million times when I was younger. But I now longer do well with horror, so… 😉
- The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (Fairyland, #2) by Catherynne M. Valente
I enjoyed the first book quite a bit, honestly. I don’t know why, but I do not think I’ll read the second one any time soon. Or ever.
- The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young
I won this book, even chose it myself. But will I ever read it..? 🙁
Go ahead, now you can all tell me how wrong I am! 😉