Ohhh it feels like it’s too early for 2014 top lists! But I think this week’s TTT is a good moment start 🙂 I will be posting a few top tens in my different go-to genres over the coming weeks. This week I’ll kick off with science fiction!
I actually read more science fiction this year than I expected! The Sci-fi & Fantasy MOOC I followed earlier this year helped, although I did not enjoy that many of the sci-fi classics we were told to read (and I had to skip two that I was looking forward to: Ursula LeGuin’s Left Hand of Darkness and Cory Doctorow’s Little Brother). It was difficult to create a top 3, especially, because the first three books on my list were equally amazing.
Top Ten Science Fiction I Read In 2014
- China Mountain Zhang by Maureen F. McHugh
- More Than This by Patrick Ness
- The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
- Harmony by Project Itoh
- Fortunately, the Milk . . . by Neil Gaiman
- The Country of the Blind by H.G. Wells
- Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Lonely Hearts Killer by Tomoyuki Hoshino
- Adaptation by Malinda Lo
- The Aunt Paradox by Chris Dolley