Hahaha this week’s prompt… I am embarrassed already XD Top Ten Blogging Confessions, oh dear… In reality this’ll be a mix of blogging and bookish confessions!
Ten Blogging & Bookish Confessions
- Bloggers who never reply to comments annoy me to no ends. There, I said it. I understand if you get hundreds of comments, but if you get 5 or 6, why not reply? Fine if you’re not replying to every single comment, but just showing your face in the comments once in a while shows that you care about your readers. Otherwise what is the point of blogging? I admit, I am not the quickest to reply to comments, but I make it a point to try.
- I don’t always have confidence in my blogging. Sometimes I can’t think of anything to post, or then I post something I think is clever but apparently isn’t lol. Alas. Even now I’m still figuring things out (and enjoying every moment of it).
- My TBR pile is huge and never-ending and it’s getting embarrassing and I know I’ll never catch up and I absolutely have zero self-control pleasesendhelp.
- … and many of my books are bought on The Book Depository (and formerly on Amazon, when they still had free shipping). I want to buy more local – I really am trying – but English books are just so disproportionally expensive sometimes.
- Series are my nemesis because not only does it usually take me forever (years..) to finish them (I can rarely read several volumes in a row), but I also tend to just buy the whole series at once and then sometimes I find out I don’t really like the books 😐 Bad book buying habit…
- I am addicted to challenges. Which is pretty much the sole purpose this blog even exists I suppose.
- When I’ve seen the movie, I won’t read the book. Usually, at least. When I’ve seen a movie first – often when I don’t even realise it’s a book adaptation – I simply don’t feel like reading the book afterwards. Because I’m lazy. There have been exceptions but I can’t think of them right now.
- I rarely accept ARCs and the ARCs I request from Netgalley I select with care. There’s so many books I still want to read on my own shelves…
- Sometimes I get into these moods and I completely ignore the existence of the internet. And then I get behind on reading blogs and social media, replying to comments on my own blog, and generally making sure people know I’m alive.
- I cherish my followers. I am so grateful I have some amazing followers who loyally visit, I love you all!! And I also love it when I see an unfamiliar name show up in the comments 😀 New visitors, be welcome!