June is over and so is half of 2014! We’re halfway and I’ve read 44 books?! Of the 52 I had aimed for?! I have no idea what happened.
Read in June
June wasn’t my best reading month. I read quite a few books but I’m getting a bit burned out on the MOOC stuff… I didn’t read anything spectacular this month. I probably enjoyed The Cuckoo’s Calling the most.
- Het leek stiller dan het was by Eva Kelder
- Snakes & Earrings by Hitomi Kanehara
- Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm by Jacob & Wilhelm Grimm
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Events and challenges
- Goodreads Reading Challenge
My aim was to read 52 books in 2014. We’re halfway and I’ve already read 44 books?! I don’t know what happened.
- The Classics Club Challenge
I read five books for my MOOC that I was also able to use for the Classics Club Challenge. I’ve now read 29/50 books!
- Japanese Literature Challenge 8
Read Snakes & Earrings by Hitomi Kanehara and wrote reviews for last month’s The Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe and January’s Harmony by Project Itoh.
- Dystopia Reading Challenge
Didn’t read for this yet, but see my review for Harmony by Project Itoh!
- Language Freak Summer Challenge
Didn’t read for this either. I had intended to start a Japanese book but I simply didn’t have time. I did write a review for Krabat by Otfried Preußler.
June book haul
I might have been a little… naughty this month *cough*
The result of a lot of self-induced stress, I’m afraid. Makes me a bit click-happy on certain online book stores (or irl at book markets, for that matter). I’m very happy with my haul though! And I also won two books in June, of which one arrived: Dansen met Herinneringen by Martin Gijzemijter 🙂
How was your reading month?