I was tagged by Cayce over at Fighting Dreamer <3 Thank you! What are your top three book pet hates?
- When a plot twist is both predictable and unimpressive.
- Unrealistic romances. You know, the Hey I just met you and this is crazy but let’s get married maybe kind of romances. Especially if the book has a fandom that’s all over it, constantly exclaiming how wonderful and beautiful the romance is and how they wish for romance like that. NO.
- Books with a lot of errors! Whether typing errors or punctuation, missing words, etc. It bothers me so much. This is why I always grind my teeth when reading e-books, because more often than not there’s a lot of editing mistakes…
Describe your perfect reading spot
A nice, comfy couch that I can stretch out on, with a blanket, and a table nearby to put my tea and snacks. Or a nice flowery garden with a comfy chair, sunshine and a parasol, and a cold drink in my hand. My current reading spot inside is a little boring but very comfortable, and I love my outside reading spot too 🙂
Tell us three book confessions
- I keep saying I will read The Lord of the Rings one day and I kind of want to but at the same time I can’t be bothered?
- I haven’t been a member of the public library since I was in elementary school.
- Lately I avoid starting a new series. I hate not finishing a series but at the same time I rarely finish them in a reasonable timespan. And then I lose interest and never finish them at all.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
This happened during a Dutch book I read, Het leek stiller dan het was by Eva Kelder. Twice, actually. The protagonist was struggling with something and I recognised the feeling. And at the end there was a scene.
How many books are on your bedside table?
My bedside table is a plastic box, filled with books. But not a single book on top…
What is your favourite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I tryyyy not to snack. But yeah, chocolate Easter eggs or chocolate pepernoten ^^; Thankfully both are in season only for a ‘short’ while (lately they start selling the latter in September while the celebrations aren’t until December… sigh)
Name three books you would recommend to everyone
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (UNABRIDGED!)
- The Vintner’s Luck by Elizabeth Knox
- Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase
Tough choice, but I decided on my Murakami shelf. This is not everything (and spot the duplicate titles XD)…
Write how much books mean to you in just three words
LIKE THE TARDIS
What is your biggest reading secret?
I’ve got a lot of pretty artbooks/other large size books and I’ve barely looked at half of them 🙁
(am I alone in this? Maybe I should make a challenge to give-books-that-aren’t-for-reading-a-proper-look XD)
And, I tag:
My lovely followers! <3 (I'm sorry, I know many people did this already and many others already got tagged!)