1. Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
If I snack, I try to snack on something that doesn’t get my hands dirty because I don’t want to get the book dirty.
2. What is your favorite drink while reading?
A glass of wine, or a really good cup of coffee.
3. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I write extensively in reference books but never in fiction.
4. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ear? Laying the book flat open?
I usually use a bookmark but sometimes I lay the book flat open. I just can’t dog-ear!
5. Fiction, Non-Fiction, or Both?
Usually fiction, although I read a lot of reference books for my studies.
6. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I have to read on to a ‘natural breaking point’ in the story. I try to read to the end of a chapter, but otherwise I will try for the end of an alinea or page.
7. Are you a person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
I have thrown a book across the room once or twice, but they were always old paperbacks that already looked scruffy anyway.
8. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
Only if it’s essential for the story, but usually I can get the meaning from context.
9. What are you currently reading?
10. What is the last book you bought?
Humpty Dumpty Was Pushed: And Other Cracked Tales
11. Are you a person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
I always thought I could only read one book at a time, but then I found out I loved reading more than one. What I want to read strongly depends on my mood, so sometimes I will even start a fourth or fifth book if I feel like it!
12. Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
I love to read before going to sleep, but my favourite place to read is definitely a nice café.
13. Do you prefer series books or stand-alones?
Stand-alones. I do like series, but – with a few exceptions – it always takes me long before I finish the whole series because I get tired of it and move on to something different halfway.
14. Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Neil Gaiman! Favourite author of all times. Haruki Murakami is also great.
15. How do you organize your books? By genre, title, author’s last name, etc?
This is difficult to answer. I like to sort books by size because they take up less space, but I also like to keep authors and series together. Then, I also like to keep paperbacks, hardbacks and luxurious editions seperated… I am hopeless and may very well move on to a library-type catalog system some time, haha.